Home / Franchise / DC / How Aquaman Grossed 1 Billion at Box office? | DC Updates

How Aquaman Grossed 1 Billion at Box office? | DC Updates

/
/
/
1121 Views
img
Share This With Your Friends
  • 3.6K
    Shares

Warner Bros and DC Entertainment Inc‘s new blockbuster Aquaman released on December 14, 2018, was thought a usual live-action superhero film until it grossed 1+ billion in the box office. DC movies were disappointing in the last few years with many flops and rare hits. Warner Bros needed a deserving hit and they got it now.

Aquaman has crossed The Dark Knight at the box office and nobody knew this was coming until the movie made it possible. The Dark Knight has made $1.004 in 2008 and just above it stands The Dark Knight rises by collecting $1.084 billion in 2012. Aquaman is the third DC movie for now to gross 1 billion getting into the top 50 most grossed films of all time.

And if you are asking how Aquaman managed to gross that much at the box office, here are a few answers which will solve the mystery.

  • Good enough ratings

How Aquaman Grossed 1 Billion at Box office? | DC Updates

While the DC extended universe movies were receiving a terrible rating by major influencers like IMDb and Rotten Tomatoes, Aquaman managed to get an average rating which was enough to motivate the audience to book tickets and get ready for the show. Not all DCEU movies were bad at ratings. Wonder Woman did good, better than Aquaman.

  • Aquaman received 7.5/10 by IMDB and 64% by Rotten Tomatoes

Related: WONDER WOMAN 1984: EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW

  • Foreign Love

How Aquaman Grossed 1 Billion at Box office? | DC Updates

The special thing about this American film – Aquaman is that the movie is loved all over the world, more than it is loved in America. Aquaman got its maximum collections from countries other than the United States of America. The movie’s collections consist of 28.2 percent of success from the domestic market and the rest 71.8 percent is from outside. China is the biggest earner by contributing $287.3 million.

Related: WHICH JUSTICE LEAGUE SUPERHERO ARE YOU? – TAKE THIS QUIZ!

  • Crazy lead cast

I just love Jason Momoa, after playing Khal Drogo in the famous TV show Game of Thrones, he was famous for his performance and also a huge body. Aquaman is not a usual superhero and needed someone accordingly. Jason Momoa is the best fit for the role with good muscles and lovely tattoos.

How Aquaman Grossed 1 Billion at Box office? | DC Updates

Don’t tell me you never had a crush on Mera – The Queen. Amber Heard plays the role and fans are going nuts about her. Her acting was pretty and she did her best playing as the love interest of Aquaman. I loved her and so did the audience all over the world.

How Aquaman Grossed 1 Billion at Box office? | DC Updates

Read: TOP 10 MOST FAMOUS AND POPULAR SUPERHEROES | MARVEL & DC

  • Mind-blowing visual effects

DC movies were criticized for not involving a lot of visual effects which include CGI, VFX and all other graphics. But DC had a point, they wanted to be a bit realistic. While comparing to Marvel movies, DC did nothing much on Visual effects. But whereas coming to Aquaman, the story is completely turned, James Wan is known for his movies, has included 2,300 visual effect shots in the movie. That’s almost the movie itself. These visual effects were good and satisfying. The adventure felt real and almost flawless.

Related: UPCOMING MOVIES IN MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE 2019

  • Perfect timing

How Aquaman Grossed 1 Billion at Box office? | DC Updates

I don’t know if its luck, but Aquaman did not have a competition to its size. along its release, there were a few movies like Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse and a few others who did give a good competition and made the opening of Aquaman go low, but after a few days, it was only Aquaman that was doing the rounds. No major movies to obstruct or dominate. With the word of mouth, everyone started to talk about Aquaman and then the theatres began to become a house full, then came a billion dollar earning.

Read: WHY AVENGERS: ENDGAME WILL BLOW YOUR MIND? | MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE

Support UpdateFreak.com on Patreon


Share This With Your Friends
  • 3.6K
    Shares
This div height required for enabling the sticky sidebar
Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views :